Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hallowe'en


For Hallowe'en this year I chose to dress up.
At work they like it when the staff dress up, last year it was semi "demanded" and this year its more optional, but I actually put more effort into it this year than I did last year!

Hallowe'en is the one time of the year you can dress however you want, and not have anyone take a second look at you. On the other hand, the long green wart covered finger gloves I wore last year got a LOT of reactions from my kids, and that was fun too. This year I'm going for a more classy look, as a southern belle.

I haven't exactly gotten the accent down, but maybe if I don't talk too much it won't matter! ;)

I loved Hallowe'en as a kid - it always meant spending a few hours with dad the day or 2 before Halloween carving the pumpkin. Getting your hands good and dirty and slimy, pulling out gobs of pumpkin guts with your hands and poking out the face once they were carved... and then sorting out the seeds and eating roasted pumpkin seeds. Mmmm those are great salted. Today a coworker had some and was sharing them around in the staff room. I haven't had roasted pumpkin seeds in years and damn they were good. Me thinks I need to get a pumpkin just to roast the seeds... Too bad kids don't trick or treat in the apartment. (then again, maybe thats a GOOD Thing).


Trick or Treat!!!

Happy Hallowe'en

No comments: