Monday, November 10, 2008

Tv shows & Mondays

I'm pretty picky at times with TV shows. I hate those stupid brainless series where you need no brain to watch and the valley girls always giggle .. ie: Friends.

Anyway, I've started to get into some darker TV shows lately and I am really enjoying them! Dexter season 3 is well underway and I'm enjoying this season as much as ever! I can't wait for it to get juicier, as it always does farther into the season.

My Mother In Law also introduced me to a series called True Blood. Its a vampire series, and although I was never one for vampire movies, I like this series. Its not just vampires, but shape shifters and werewolves and other faerie types. Its also very sexualized and tantalizing and sexy too. Which adds to the appeal. Hubby and I are currently in Episode # 3 and enjoying it.

Report card season is done at work. It's partly to blame the last week for my lack of posting... I had lots of marking and then lots of time entering marks and writing comments. I don't exactly do 100% personalized comments - thats too time consuming with close to 100 students. Sad but true. Maybe it makes me a worse teacher, but I need time to myself too. I spent 3 nights last week at school until 930, 1030 and 11.

On that note, going back to school today was difficult. It seemed like a long day.
In my senior class this afternoon, a student and I figured out that there is only 6 weeks left of teaching time until Exams. WOW... That was kind of scary... Then add 2 weeks for Exams and Review days, and add in the Christmas Holidays and the semester seems so short. The year goes so fast when you are a teacher! Then again, some weeks seem to drag on for Months...

So, here are my thoughts for the rest of Monday... You said it Kitteh...


No comments: